Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Summer has since passed and college life here at UT-Chattanooga is back in full swing. I'm older, my friends are older, and we have a year of experience under our belt. But don't think that means that we're getting more mature by leaps and bounds :P Yes, we have matured in some aspects, but at the same time, we are still kids.

Having said that, the new year brings a few new questions into play. Will I stay here for the remainder of my college career or will I look farther (California). For those that don't know, I grew up in a coastal community in Southern California called Carpinteria.

I could tell you that I LOVE SoCal...but that would not even begin to describe my feelings for it. I'm very proud of where I come from and I'll always stand by that, which makes me start to consider finishing my education out there. Then again, the friends that I have made out here and the things I've learned about the culture are invaluable. I can't just leave all this behind. Not yet.

Take, for example, my two new room mates this year. Rick Van De Bovenkamp, from the Netherlands, has become a good friend of mine. Badr Bouhabdella (sp?), from Barcelona, has given me quite a few good life lessons already. They're both awesome and I love hanging out with them. Yes, Tyson is still one of my room mates!

So, I don't know yet!

Okay...more funny stories! I promise they're coming.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i can't say i really feel like a kid anymore, but i do love still being able to goof off with you!!

you should totally try to go to school out in cali sometime in your college career!! even if it's just a semester--make it like studying abroad.. but in the states??

this blog is linked off of mine, just thought you should know :)

JP said...

Bobby, I think the entire countries of Nigeria, Croatia, and Uzbekistan know you're from California.

Of course that only adds to your sexiness. Sleeping with you was one of the highlights of my year so far.

<3

Post a Comment